Monday 11 August 2014

Painting Plates - 9/8/14


That’s me concentrating on staying in the lines!
On Saturday I went to a creative cafe where you can paint your own bowls, mugs, plates and loads of other things. My Mum and her partner Janine both chose small plates and so did I.
I was flicking through a book of Street Art for some inspiration and found a page on one of my favourite artists “Stik” and I thought drawing my own would look really cool on a plate.

If you've never heard of Stik, here's some of his artwork. I found these photos on Instagram, but the middle one is in New York and the other two are in London.
Here’s the book and here’s the plan on my plate, I also chose this because I thought it’d be quite easy to do.

 

You have to paint three layers of everything you draw so that when it's finished it's bright enough.


And that's my finished plate! It's really simple but I think it'll look cool when I get it back.


I really want to paint more plates now, we were there for a good two and a half hours and we were all concentrating really hard on our plates.
Now I have to wait a week till I can pick it up because they have to cook it and glaze it. Or something like that!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I haven't seen one in real life before, I think I need to go exploring in London to find one :)

      Delete