Tuesday 19 August 2014

Highlights of My Week

I had a really good week last week. Some days I didn't do anything, just spent them in my pyjamas (pretty normal for me) but I actually went out a few times, which was fun!
I thought I'd share some of my favourite things with you today, just things I've been enjoying and some highlights from the past week.
Here we go!

1. Being able to walk.
Seven weeks on from breaking my ankle and I'm slowly getting better at walking. Either using just one crutch or neither when I'm inside and then two when I go out. I've been going for a walk around where I live every evening, just for 15 minutes or so but it's really helping.

2. Half of My Heart by John Mayer
Such a lovely song! I first heard it when a band I like called Thee Acquainted did a cover of it on their Youtube channel and since then I've been hooked. I've been listening to their version and the original non-stop!


3. Guardians of the Galaxy
Have you seen this film yet?! It's absolutely brilliant. It's funny, has a great soundtrack, the makeup is awesome and the characters/actors that are in it are really cool. I also had a great time seeing this because I had my favourite flavour of ice cream at the cinema, American Birthday Cake from Baskin Robbins! And free popcorn and a drink!

4. My new Nikes
I bought these trainers from Sports Direct last week and I looooove them. They're a really bright pinky red colour, they're also really comfortable and make walking so much easier. They're a similar shape to the pair of New Balance trainers that I have but they're just a bit thicker with more support.


5. Getting my ear pierced
I finally got my ear pierced! I've wanted to get the top of my ear pierced for ages now and just never got round to doing it. But when I was out shopping on Saturday, to cheer myself up a bit I decided to go for it! Now I've got 12 weeks of healing to go through, which sucks.


6. The 100
If you haven't heard of this TV show then you're missing out! It's an American show that's on E4 at the moment and I've been really enjoying it. It's a bit cheesy but if you can ignore that then it's great. So it's set in the future after a nuclear war has left the world uninhabitable and everyone lives in a giant spaceship. But after 100 years they've decided to send 100 prisoners to earth to see if it can be repopulated. Oh and all the prisoners are about 17! So it's full of drama!

I might do another of these posts in a few weeks, to keep you updated on all my favourite things and what I've been watching/listening to. I think it's quite a fun post to do. I always like watching peoples monthly favourites videos on Youtube so this is like my version of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment