Tuesday 7 October 2014

Music Addict (Blogtober #7)



I listen to music every chance I get.
In the shower, when I get dressed in the morning, when I walk to work, on my break at work, when I walk home from work, in the evening when I'm sitting on the sofa, lying in bed before I go to sleep, on the train, on the bus, in the car. You get the idea! I listen to music a lot. I thought I'd share some of my current favourite songs, these are constantly on repeat on my Spotify/iTunes!

1. Bad Idea by Candy Hearts
Or any other song by Candy Hearts, they're one of my favourite bands. I really like the singer's sweet but punky voice. The lyrics for all of their songs are great and they're just really fun to listen to.


2. At Your Door by Big Harp
This song is in the closing scene of one of my favourite films, Stuck in Love. The whole soundtrack for this film is amazing but this is one of my favourites from it. It's such a great love song. It has a really long intro but the music in this song is just perfect. I like the mix of the man's husky voice and the woman's gentle voice.


3. I Want What You Have by Willamette Stone
Even though this isn't a real band, it's still a great song! All the songs from this fictional band are. If you haven't seen the film If I Stay then you need to. Adam is one of the main characters of this film as well as the lead singer of the band. The actor Jamie Blackley who plays Adam recorded all the songs himself, as well as the rest of the band members. Even though they aren't a real band you can still listen to their music on the official soundtrack.


4. Half of My Heart by John Mayer
I wrote about this song about a month ago, saying it was my favourite song then and it still is now. I love a bit of country now and then and this is my favourite country song right now. 


5. Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran
It pains me to say that I like an Ed Sheeran song. I've never understood the hype around this man and I've never liked any of his previous songs. But when I heard this song I fell in love, it really is beautiful. 

6. Mess is Mine by Vance Joy
The first song I heard by Vance Joy was Riptide, which was very popular over the summer. Definitely one of my summer songs, so I thought I'd give the rest of his album a listen. And I was not disappointed! His music reminds me of Mumford and Sons and Of Monsters and Men.


7. Chocolate by The 1975
One of my favourite bands at the moment, I'd love to see them live! This was the first song I heard of theirs, but it wasn't till I listened to the whole album that I really fell in love with them. But now this song is in a trailer of a film I really want to see (Love, Rosie) so I like listening to this song because it gets me excited for the film to come out! 


8. Caffeine Kiss by Thee Acquainted
Thee Acquainted are one of my favourite bands at the moment. They're a young married couple that make cover videos on YouTube. I've found so many great bands and songs through them and their videos (Thinking out loud and Half of my heart) but this is the title track off of their EP. Their names are Arielle and Jacob and they're both incredibly talented musicians. 


9. Voodoo Doll by 5 Seconds of Summer
Perfect for when you need a little dose of pop punk! The lyrics are quite funny and it's just a really easy song to listen to and sing along to. It's kind of hard not to! And I have to do it in the accent as well! 

I've been listening to these songs a lot recently, maybe I should listen to something else? But then again, maybe not!


No comments:

Post a Comment